- Effectively lowers total cholesterol when taken over a span of a few months
- Garlic also had a marginally positive effect on HDL cholesterol
- Ability to lower blood pressure
- Garlic consumption is associated with a lower risk of stomach cancer in the Korean population (2014 meta-analysis)
- Contains at least 33 sulphur compounds
- Garlic has both oxidant and antioxidant properties, which are dependent on how the garlic is prepared
- Garlic™s anti-hypertensive properties are due to production of H2S (Benavides et al, 2007).
- H2S has been shown to relax vascular smooth muscle, induce vascodilation and reduce blood pressure (Lefer DJ, 2007).
Obviously, all credits to Josh. Download the Research Notes here Josh. R Nov.30th 2015