Energy Saving Lightbulbs – Potentially Poisonous

Gfh Due to the dangers of these light bulbs, the U.S Environmental Protection Agency have devised an emergency protocol that needs to be followed in the event of a energy saving bulb breakage. This is due to the mercury gas released in the air once the bulb is broken. The normal course of action is to air the house for 15 minutes once the bulb is broken. The bulbs cannot even be placed in a normal bin, they need to be placed in the hazardous waste bins. The amount of gas released is around 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration in the air. Mercury is a very very dangerous neurotoxin, especially to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. It can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer™s. Many complaints have been recieved about energy saving bulbs in regards to normal every day use. These are just noticable effects by sensitive people (which means you might not feel them):

  • Dizziness
  • Cluster headaches
  • Migraines
  • Seizures
  • Fatigue
  • Inability to concentrate
  • Anxiety

Energy saving lightbulbs also contain carcinogens (study by Peter Braun at Berlin Germany™s Alab Laboratory).

  • Phenol, a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture
  • Naphthalene, a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture
  • Styrene, an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct
It is also known that energy saving light bulbs emit UV radiation in UV-B and traces of UV-C. Generally, it is said that UV radiation is harmful to the body as it can lead to skin cancer and is dangerous for the eyes. The radiation from the bulbs attacks the immune system directly and effectively damages skin tissues so that vitamin D-3 is not formed properly.